Do This One Exercise Daily To Increase Lung Capacity
After I took cycling as one of the inseparable activity of my daily schedule, I have changed a lot. My stamina has increased phenomenally. Now that I have decided that this year, I will do the Ladakh cycle tour, I need to Increase Lung Capacity to an extent that I do not feel breathless at that unforgiving terrain.
I now cycle 3 days a week and run for 3 days a week. That’s how I am developing my stamina for this epic life experience this year. Some of you might wonder why am I cycling to Nahargarh almost every day? This is exactly the reason, cant take off Ladakh from my mind.
Important Tip Before We Begin
Yes, it’s important to breathe correctly, if you don’t there are some major repercussions. Most of you breathe through your mouth, which is not correct. Breathing should be done by the nose, and let me jot down the benefits of it below.
- When you breathe through the nose, the hairs that line your nostrils, filter out any dust or dirt particles. These particles are harmful to your lungs. My breathing through mouth no such filtration occurs and hence the damage to your lungs.
- One more important thing happens when you breathe through your nose. The correct level of oxygen and carbon dioxide is maintained. Unlike when you breathe through the mouth, there is a disbalance of oxygen and carbon dioxide which leads to hyperventilation. (Heavy and fast breathing)
The Exercise To Increase Lung Capacity
This exercise which I am going to demonstrate has worked magic for me. I just do this one exercise daily, and I have seen phenomenal results. You can do this exercise while standing up or sitting down. I am going to elaborate this on the points mentioned below.
- Stand upright with your back arched
- Exhale all the air from your lungs, you can exhale through the mouth, that’s ok.
- Breathe in slowly through your nose, filling your lungs as much as possible.
- Now you need to hold your breath for at least 10 seconds or more, depends on your capacity.
- Slowly exhale through your nose.
If you do this simple exercise daily, and at least 20 to 30 times, you will see a substantial Increase in Lung Capacity. Let me show you how it’s done, please have a look at the video below. This video is available on my YouTube channel.
If you have any questions related to this article, please leave them at the end of the page.
Shop through Amazon by clicking the picture below, help me in keeping this blog up.