How To Do Squats With Your Cycle
I woke up today at 5 AM. The first 20 seconds of me opening my eyes and coming back to the real world were tough. A part of my brain tells me that dreamland was much better and advised my body to get back to bed. I had other plans in my mind. Today was Squats day! Indeed an amazing exercise that is a part of every athlete around the world. This exercise has been ruling the fitness world for ages.
Upon reaching Nahargarh which is my favorite spot to have breakfast in the morning, I had already clocked 28 KM’s.
We all have been squatting from our birth. Now ain’t that the truth! We Indians were squatting all our life, until the time modern age came flushing us down to the lazy hole. Yeah, you’re guessing all right. In a few nations, not exclusively do they keep on sitting in a full squat (once in a while called a “third world squat”), however as opposed to sitting for a crap, they squat over it.
Misconception: Everybody who does not squat think that this majorly a leg exercise. To be quite honest it is, however it does target other muscles in the body as well. Being a compound movement, i.e. it uses more than one joint to (Knee’s and Hip) to complete. You use a weight like dumbells and this monster movement works out all major muscles in your body and not just your legs. “In short, squats are great and they burn fat a lot faster than any other exercise”
Let The Squats Begin
The place where I do my workout is amazing, you can practically see the panoramic view of the pink city. Mountains on one side and city on the other, the view is enough to motivate you. Let me list down 8 terrific gains from this exercise to make you understand it’s importance.
- Squats build your quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves muscles. When you do squats properly it triggers the release of testosterone which is vital for muscle growth.
- It makes your body terribly well balanced and with strong muscles, these gains ads on to your overall body performance making your body more effective in real-world situations.
- It burns a hell lot of fat, yes and exactly because of this reason this is my favorite exercise. For every pound of muscle gained, you are going to burn 50-70 calories more per day.
- As you grow older this exercise id best to keep that strength in your legs to pedal more and longer. Also, they work out your core, stabilize muscles and keep your body balanced.
- Weak muscles, ligaments connective tissues results in injury. Squats make these important components of your body stronger thereby reducing the risk of any injury.
- As a result of squats, you will run longer, jump faster and pedal more as your leg muscles will be strong. So it has a direct effect on your sports performance. Do Squats!
- This exercise will tone your back, abs, and entire body. Doing squats daily showed results which led to a stronger back and a stronger core.
- These help in improved movement of feces and regular bowel movement which leads to the elimination of waste. This keeps your body waste free.
How To Do Squats Properly
Now let’s take a look at how to perform this exercise without getting injured.
- Do a little warm up, this can include knee raises, running in place, butt kicks, mountain climbers & leg swings. That’s what I do before punishing my legs.
- Stand firm with your legs just over shoulder width apart.
- Keep your back in a neutral position and knees centered over your feet.
- Now bend your knees, hip ankle to take your body lower until you get a 90-degree angle.
- Now return to the standing position and repeat 20 times. (Do 2-3 Reps)
Important Tip: “Breathing should be rhythmic and is very important. Breathe in as you lower your body and breathe out when you return to starting position”
Added A Little More Resistance
Now what I did was, that I added a 15 KG’s weight while doing squats. My Merida Big 7 weighs a little over 14 KGs. This was enough resistance for me, and I added the same to my squats exercise. It was a little tough, but hey as well know “no pain no gain”. Now you gonna have to properly hold your bike over your head. This is a little risky so, please only try squats if you can hold your bike effectively over your head without any problems. I would also let you know the correct procedure to hold your bike above your head. Check out the video that I made for squatting with a cycle. The link is below!
Squats are fantastic!
After reading this post, you must have got the point that I was trying to make. Include squats in your daily fitness regime to get a stronger body. Reduce fat like a pro and get that toned body that you deserve. All you have to do now is start squatting.
Video On Squats
As you all by now know how I make daily Vlogs, here is what I made for my squat routine. This video is uploaded to my YouTube channel, sharing a link on this page.
If you like the video, give a thumbs up on YouTube and share with your friends. Any question please leave them at the end of the page. I will get back to you on your queries.