Welcome to the most discussed topic when it comes to SEO, link-building. This is one of the most important aspects of improving domain & page authority. I am putting together this easy guide for new bloggers who want to get into backlink building for their blog. This by far I would say the most researched topic in SEO.
You do this right, you get amazing results, get it wrong and no one will ever see your website in Google search. Link-building or backlink building is the process of getting links to your site. Do not be under impression that you will get these links automatically, by writing amazing articles.
You will have to work on it. And let me tell you it’s a bit tough. In this article, I will discuss the benefits of link-building and link-building strategies. Getting domain authority links is easy. Just pay attention a little.
This was easy earlier with a bunch of link-building software, however after the Penguin update was rolled out, it became more of a skill. Earlier the quality of links did not matter so webmasters were generating a lot of bad quality links. The quality of these links was not measured by Google earlier. Post Panda update and Penguin update everything changed. Summing up link building is the process of getting links from high-authority websites. The focus is on quality rather than quantity.
Benefits of link building
Link building is the most important pillar of getting your website rock-solid domain authority. Again stressing the point that the quality of the link should not be compromised. Always get links from high-authority websites. Focus on quality rather than quantity of links.
To new bloggers, I always advise people to spend some time getting in touch with other bloggers and exchange good-quality links. This will get more exposure to your website on search engines. Let me though list the benefits of link building below.
- Once you get linked to another website with link exchange you will receive some traffic from that website. So it’s and an auto boost for your incoming traffic.
- Your website visibility improves in SERP’s.
- This will improve not just your domain and page authority but will improve your website SEO.
- High-quality links pointing to your website means your website is a trusted website and will attract more traffic as it will be placed higher in the rankings.
- Link building also helps in getting your site index in search results quickly.
Link building strategies
There are a lot of backlink-building strategies, however, I would list the one on which you should pay immediate attention. If you follow the below-mentioned strategy you will get good links pointing to your website in no time.
- Write amazing content for your reader. I have stopped writing short content. I always write cornerstone content on my WordPress blog. The articles are filled with minute details and the user does not have to hunt for the same information anywhere else.
- Open guest blogging for your users. Anyone, who wants to contribute to your blog, welcomes them. Off-course check the content first before posting.
- Be more visual on your blog. Use a lot of infographics, as they are more appealing than boring regular text. I am yet to get someone for this infographic thing.
- Make good videos for your YouTube channel and embed those videos on your website. Check out my YouTube channel. ShutterholicTV
- Submit your site links to a directory on the web under a particular category. This is called directory submission. This helps in link building.
- Dofollow blog comments, these blogs remove the “nofollow” tag, so by commenting on these blogs and embedding your site link in the comment you get a lot of link juice. Read more about link juice here.
- Dofollow social bookmarking sites. These sites allow the search engine to follow a website link to crawl a webpage quickly. These help in improving your domain authority and hence the rankings.
- Write phenomenal content and invite all bloggers of your niche to comment on it, hopefully, they will leave their site link, and hence more link juice for you.
There are quite a few link-building strategies, however, it depends a lot on your site niche. Always remember which getting domain authority links that our focus should be on quality links rather than quantity links. I hope this article must have clear a lot of doubts. If there are any please leave them in the comments section below.